SIW International Volunteer Projects has been the best volunteer organization in the Netherlands and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. SIW sends volunteers to partner organizations in about ...
Employee European Solidarity Corps receipts
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/SIW-Internationale-Vrijwilligersprojecten/activiteiten/Employee-European-Solidarity-Corps-receipts/45653 to join
SummaryDo you want to help young people from Europe gain an intercultural experience in the Netherlands through the ESC's European-funded program?
SIW International Volunteer Projects - Utrecht
Do you have a fascination for cultures, would you like to contribute to a better society? Do you like helping young people to develop themselves on a personal level? Do you want to contribute to young people from Europe gaining an intercultural experience in the Netherlands through the European Solidarity Corps program subsidized by Europe?
SIW International Volunteer Projects is looking for an enthusiastic:
Employee European Solidarity Corps receipts (voluntary)
Who are we?
SIW is a versatile Dutch non-profit exchange organization (NGO). For 65 years, SIW has been receiving foreign volunteers on various projects in the Netherlands and Dutch volunteers have been sent to projects all over the world. In total, this concerns approximately 250 broadcasts and receptions per year. SIW falls under three international networks (Alliance, CCIVS and SCI).
SIW's mission is to encourage people to broaden their horizons. SIW does this by bringing volunteers into contact with other cultures. In this way, SIW wants to increase intercultural understanding, contribute to the personal development of volunteers and encourage them to dedicate themselves to a better society “For and by volunteers”.
The activities of SIW are organized by approximately 70 enthusiastic voluntary employees, supported by an office in the heart of Utrecht.
What are you going to do?
The European Solidarity Corps (ESC) is part of the Erasmus+ program of the European Union (EU). Money has been made available from the EU to give young people the opportunity to volunteer in another European country for a period of time. As an employee ESC receipts you coordinate the Dutch ESC projects. You help with the writing and submission of grant applications and evaluations, including the financial accountability of the project. You keep in touch with the mentors and foreign volunteers. You set your priorities in consultation with the board member Dutch Projects and you also keep in touch with the board member ESC broadcasts. Of course you are not alone, you work closely with the other employees within SIW, both at the office and outside.
Who are you?
· You are enthusiastic about the projects, objectives and mission of SIW;
· (volunteer) work experience in Europe and/or experience with the former European Voluntary Service program is an advantage;
· You can organize and you like to monitor the overview and cooperation;
· You have experience in guiding young people;
· You are proactive, know how to stimulate and motivate volunteers;
· You have good communication skills and see it as a challenge to work with different people; a good knowledge of the English language is required because of the communication with our partner organizations and the foreign volunteers;
· You do not shy away from administrative work such as writing a grant application and evaluation and you can work accurately;
· You also help to promote SIW to potential participants, for example at the Info Days, at trade fairs, school meetings and/or on social media;
· You are willing to set aside approximately 4 hours a week for SIW; during the peak periods (the months of September, January and April) you are available and willing to put in extra effort;
· You preferably live in the Utrecht area;
· You are willing to commit yourself to SIW for at least two years for this position;
· Young people and people with a multicultural background and/or involved in the education of young people are explicitly invited to apply in order to form an organization that is as diverse as possible.
What do we offer you?
· A nice organization with many enthusiastic people with a passion for volunteer work and travel;
· The unique experience of contributing to the reception of young people through the ESC program;
· The opportunity to gain relevant experience, further develop skills and competences;
· Plenty of room for own initiative and plenty of opportunities to shape your ideas;
· Incidentally, it is possible to participate in (inter)national training courses and meetings;
· The (travel) costs incurred are reimbursed, as well as a discount on an international volunteer project through SIW.
For more information about SIW and the position, please visit our website and/or contact the P&O department. You can send your motivation with CV until October 15 to our e-mail address attn Sarah Chaquibi, stating “ESC receipts employee”.
Employment type: Voluntary work
🗣️ Native language skills
About SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten
This year the focus is on Europe.
'Discover your impact abroad' is our slogan. You can discover this by doing volunteer work in other countries, such as improving nature, working on a cleaner environment or a more sustainable society. We have short and longer projects, both for a short holiday or if you are taking a gap year.