SIW International Volunteer Projects has been the best volunteer organization in the Netherlands and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. SIW sends volunteers to partner organizations in about ...
Mentor European Solidarity Corps broadcasts
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/SIW-Internationale-Vrijwilligersprojecten/activiteiten/Mentor-European-Solidarity-Corps-broadcasts/39950 to join
SummaryDo you like helping young people to develop themselves on a personal level? Then you fully support the mission of the European Solidarity Corps!
Do you have a fascination for cultures, would you like to contribute to a better society? Do you like helping young people to develop themselves on a personal level? Do you want to contribute to young people gaining an intercultural experience in Europe? Then you fully support the mission of the European Solidarity Corps!
The European Solidarity Corps (ESC) is a gift for all young people between the ages of 18 and 30. Money is available from the European Union to offer these young people the opportunity to do voluntary work for a period of time in another European country. ESC is part of the Erasmus+ program of the European Union (EU).
What are you going to do?
You guide young people between the ages of 18 and 30 to find a fun volunteer project in Europe. As a personal mentor, you are the source of information for your own group of young people who want to go out with the ESC: you conduct introductory meetings, look for a nice project with them, help them prepare their CV and motivation letter for an interesting project and support them before, during and after their project. You supervise about 5 young people at the same time.
- Do you want to further develop coaching skills;
- Likes to help others find out what they really like;
- Are proactive, know how to stimulate, motivate and listen well to others;
- You have good communication skills and see it as a challenge to work with different people;
- A good knowledge of the English language is required for communication with our partner organizations;
- You are enthusiastic about the projects, objectives and mission of SIW;
- You do not shy away from administrative work and you can work accurately;
- Work experience (possibly voluntary) in Europe and/or experience with the former European Voluntary Service program is an advantage;
You are prepared to set aside approximately 4 - 6 hours per week for SIW, including 1 evening per month for team meetings. In addition to mentoring, you help to promote the ESC program to potential participants, for example at the Info Days, at schools or trade fairs or via social media.
What do we offer you?
- The opportunity to gain relevant experience, further develop skills and competences;
- A nice organization with many enthusiastic people with a passion for volunteer work and travel;
- The unique experience of contributing to the deployment of young people through the ESC program;
- Plenty of room for own initiative and plenty of opportunities to shape your ideas;
- Incidentally, it is possible to participate in (inter)national training courses and meetings;
The (travel) costs incurred are reimbursed, as well as a discount on an international volunteer project through SIW.
Who are we?
SIW is a versatile Dutch non-profit exchange organization (NGO). For 65 years, SIW has been receiving foreign volunteers on various projects in the Netherlands and Dutch volunteers have been sent to projects all over the world. In total, this concerns approximately 250 broadcasts and receptions per year. SIW falls under three international networks (Alliance, CCIVS and SCI).
SIW's mission is to encourage people to broaden their horizons. SIW does this by bringing volunteers into contact with other cultures. In this way, SIW wants to increase intercultural understanding, contribute to the personal development of volunteers and encourage them to dedicate themselves to a better society “For and by volunteers”.
The activities of SIW are organized by approximately 60 enthusiastic voluntary employees, supported by an office in the heart of Utrecht.
For more information about SIW and the position, please visit our website and/or contact the P&O department. Send your motivation with CV to our email address stating “mentor ESC broadcasts”.
Employment type: Voluntary work
🗣️ Native language skills
About SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten
This year the focus is on Europe.
'Discover your impact abroad' is our slogan. You can discover this by doing volunteer work in other countries, such as improving nature, working on a cleaner environment or a more sustainable society. We have short and longer projects, both for a short holiday or if you are taking a gap year.
Coordinator School ProjectsDo you enjoy interacting with organizations and helping young people to develop? SIW is looking for a School Project Coordinator.Posted by SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten
Supervisor wanted for adolescent girls club in LombokYou guide, alone or with someone, challenging fun evenings for teenage girls from 12 to 16 years old in the Lombok district.
There is a fee available.Posted by Lombok kids C507 Design