SIW International Volunteer Projects has been the best volunteer organization in the Netherlands and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. SIW sends volunteers to partner organizations in about ...
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/SIW-Internationale-Vrijwilligersprojecten/activiteiten/Treasurer-mf/44475 to join
SummaryDo you have a fascination for cultures, would you like to contribute to a better society? Do you want to gain managerial experience and are you financially literate?
Who are we?
SIW is a versatile Dutch non-profit exchange organization (NGO). For more than 65 years, SIW has been receiving foreign volunteers on various projects in the Netherlands and Dutch volunteers have been sent to projects all over the world. In total, this concerns approximately 250 broadcasts and receptions per year. SIW falls under three international networks (Alliance, CCIVS and SCI).
SIW's mission is to encourage people to broaden their horizons. SIW does this by bringing volunteers into contact with other cultures. In this way, SIW wants to increase intercultural understanding, contribute to the personal development of volunteers and encourage them to dedicate themselves to a better society “for and by volunteers”.
The activities of SIW are organized by approximately 75 enthusiastic voluntary employees, supported by an office in the heart of Utrecht.
What are you going to do?
As treasurer you are responsible for the financial strategy and the implementation in the organization. At the moment, SIW is in the middle of a renewal process and a financially challenging situation. Changes are needed with regard to financial policy, partly due to new ANBI and WBTR regulations. That is why we are looking for someone who wants to shape this innovation from a financial perspective. You prepare the budget, the balance sheet and a short financial report. You monitor the budget and inform the organization about financial matters. In addition, together with a few volunteer employees, you handle the daily financial affairs and you take care of the financial administration and insurance. Of course you are not alone, you work closely with fellow board members and employees within SIW.
Who are you?
· You are enthusiastic about the projects, objectives and mission of SIW;
· You have the ambition to hold a board position and/or experience in this;
· You have financial and accounting insight (insight into insurance and/or sponsoring is a plus);
· You have a HBO/WO working and thinking level;
· You have strategic insight, you are decisive and you have an eye for what is going on in the organization;
· You have strong communication skills;
· You have a business-idealistic and result-oriented attitude;
· You intend to commit yourself to this position for at least 2 years (average 6-8 hours per week);
· You also help to promote SIW to potential participants, for example on information days/evenings, at trade fairs, school meetings and/or on social media;
· You preferably live in the Utrecht area;
· Young people, women and people with a multicultural background and/or involved in the education of young people are explicitly invited to apply in order to form as diverse a board as possible.
What do we offer you?
· A nice organization with many enthusiastic people with a passion for volunteering, with the world as the playing surface;
· The challenge of keeping SIW financially healthy;
· The opportunity to gain relevant experience and develop skills further;
· Room for own initiative and plenty of opportunities to shape your ideas;
· The (travel) costs incurred are reimbursed, as well as a discount on an international volunteer project through SIW.
More information about SIW can be found on our website. For more information about the position, please contact the P&O department. You can send your motivation with CV until September 30, 2021 to our email address attn Sarah Chaquibi, stating "Treasurer". A Certificate of Good Conduct will be requested as part of the appointment procedure.
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten
This year the focus is on Europe.
'Discover your impact abroad' is our slogan. You can discover this by doing volunteer work in other countries, such as improving nature, working on a cleaner environment or a more sustainable society. We have short and longer projects, both for a short holiday or if you are taking a gap year.