SIW International Volunteer Projects has been the best volunteer organization in the Netherlands and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. SIW sends volunteers to partner organizations in about ...
Vrijwilligers Marketing & Communicatie
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/SIW-Internationale-Vrijwilligersprojecten/activiteiten/Vrijwilligers-Marketing--Communicatie/44474 to join
SummaryDo you want to contribute to modernizing communication about volunteering? And do you want to ensure that SIW continues to deliver a distinctive offer?
SIW International Volunteer Projects is looking for enthusiastic:
Volunteers Marketing & Communication
Who are we?
SIW is a versatile Dutch non-profit exchange organization (NGO). For more than 65 years, SIW has been receiving foreign volunteers on various projects in the Netherlands and Dutch volunteers have been sent to projects all over the world. In total, this concerns approximately 250 broadcasts and receptions per year. SIW falls under three international networks (Alliance, CCIVS and SCI).
SIW's mission is to encourage people to broaden their horizons. SIW does this by bringing volunteers into contact with other cultures. In this way, SIW wants to increase intercultural understanding, contribute to the personal development of volunteers and encourage them to dedicate themselves to a better society “for and by volunteers”.
The activities of SIW are organized by approximately 75 enthusiastic voluntary employees, supported by an office in the heart of Utrecht.
What are you going to do?
In a broad sense, we are looking for support in making SIW visible and promoting it. You can think of, among other things:
· (Re)writing texts for the website and other means of communication
Devising and placing messages & advertisements on our social media channels
· Making a promotional video for SIW
Graphic design of printed matter and promotional material
· Set up promotion of SIW at schools and educational institutions
Provide support at information days, events and trade fairs
Of course you can also help with updating the website and further developing the various means of communication. The final interpretation of your contribution strongly depends on your knowledge and skills, your interests and what you like. In your activities you have regular contact with other volunteers from the team, with the coordinator and with the Marketing & Communication board member.
Who are you?
· You are enthusiastic about the projects, objectives and mission of SIW;
You are training for design, marketing and/or communication or maybe you are or have been working as a professional in the field and you would like to contribute
· Experience with an international volunteer project is an advantage;
· You have good communication skills and see it as a challenge to work with different people;
You can work independently, partly in view of the corona restrictions;
· We are flexible with regard to the number of hours of your deployment, we are happy to determine this in consultation;
· You preferably live in the Utrecht area;
What do we offer you?
· A nice organization with many enthusiastic people with a passion for volunteer work and travel;
· The unique experience of helping to visualize SIW's offer;
· The opportunity to gain relevant experience, further develop skills and competences;
· Plenty of room for own initiative and plenty of opportunities to shape your ideas;
· Discount on an international volunteer project through SIW.
The (travel) costs incurred are reimbursed, as well as a discount on an international volunteer project through SIW.
For more information about SIW and the position, please visit our website and/or contact the P&O department. You can send your motivation with CV until December 1, 2021 to our email address attn Sarah Chaquibi, stating “volunteer marketing & communication”.
Type of employment: Voluntary work, 4-6 hours per week (in consultation)
🗣️ Native language skills
About SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten
This year the focus is on Europe.
'Discover your impact abroad' is our slogan. You can discover this by doing volunteer work in other countries, such as improving nature, working on a cleaner environment or a more sustainable society. We have short and longer projects, both for a short holiday or if you are taking a gap year.