Financial volunteer at a Neighborhood Team
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/U-Centraal/activiteiten/Financial-volunteer-at-a-Neighborhood-Team/24498 to join
SummaryYou support clients with their finances and administration in a neighborhood team. This can be done during a consultation hour, administration morning/afternoon or digital help.
The neighborhood team is the place where people can go with all kinds of questions about care, welfare, housing and work. Each neighborhood team has its own Information & Advice department that offers support with social-legal matters. Various activities are also offered here to help people who have difficulties with their finances and/or administration. Volunteers play a crucial role in this.
What can you do?
Consultation hours (walk-in, by appointment)
During a consultation hour, you support the client with social-legal questions and you help to carry out any actions, such as calling authorities or making an application.
Digital consultation hours
During a digital consultation you support the client with matters that need to be arranged digitally, such as housing network, Digi-d, applying for and/or adjusting the allowances.
You support the client in putting the administration in order. You coach the client to do as much as possible himself.
Finance in order groups
You support the client in completing the workbook, which must be completed as part of the process towards debt services.
• You get to know the neighborhood team from the inside and you work closely with a social councilor and interns.
• Practice-oriented training, guidance and an organization you can fall back on.
• Interesting volunteer work where you can make a real difference with your knowledge and experience.
• A place where you can gain (relevant) work experience.
• A few times a year fun activities and workshops for volunteers.
• You have HBO work and thinking level.
• You have a good command of the Dutch language (speaking and writing skills).
• You are available for 1 half day (or more) per week, for at least one year.
• A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG). There are no costs attached to this.
• You are prepared to gain new knowledge through (additional) training. Detailed knowledge of laws and regulations is not necessary.
• You have good social skills.
• You can encourage clients to use their knowledge and skills. So that they get and keep more control over their administration.
• You know how to trace the most important elements from complex information.
• You can work independently and know how to ask for help when necessary.
For more information, please contact one of the employees of Team FIA, U Centraal via the pink button below.
U Centraal works together with the Interim Provision, Humanitas, Al Amal and Schuldhulpmetje in the field of voluntary commitment to finance and administration. Together with these organizations we form the 'Platform Financial Volunteer Utrecht'
We organize joint training courses and work together in the recruitment and supervision of volunteers.