Amnesty International Network Utrecht (AINU) is a group of like-minded people that aim to locally contribute to global action combating human rights violations in line with the campaigns of Amnesty ...
Activist Leader for AINU's Women’s Rights campaign
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/Amnesty-International-Network-Utrecht/opportunities/Activist-Leader-for-AINUs-Womens-Rights-campaign/52780 to join
SummaryAmnesty International Network Utrecht is looking for an Activist Leader for the Women's Rights Campaign. Voluntary position, average of 3-6 hours per week.
AINU is a group of like-minded people who contribute locally in Utrecht to global action against human rights violations, in line with Amnesty International's campaigns in the Netherlands. We organise events to raise awareness of local human rights violations, we make an impact locally and we facilitate opportunities for our activists to develop their leadership.
Our new Women’s Rights campaign aims to raise awareness of violence against women and the legal rights of women, in addition to reducing the number of cases of gender based violence. As the Activist Leader of this campaign, you will guide and be part of a team of activists that together will form the campaign. As this team is new, there will be a lot of room for your own input and creativity.
Who are you?
● You are curious about women rights.
● You like to take responsibility.
● You are capable of working project based.
● You enjoy meeting and approaching new people.
● You know how to motivate people to fight for human rights.
● You know the local community in Utrecht and live in Utrecht.
● You speak English well.
● As an asset: You have experience in working for human rights / women's rights.
About the Activist Leader role
1. Composing a team of activists
- Recruiting activists
- Coaching your activists
- Involving your team members in the execution of the campaign-specific actions
- Contributing to the personal development of your activists
2. Development and execution of the Women's Rights Campaign actions.
What does AINU offer you?
● You will be part of a network with enthusiastic people that fight for human rights
● You will gain experience in campaigning with Amnesty
● Development of your knowledge and skills through trainings provided by Amnesty the Netherlands
● A lot of space for your creativity and ideas
● Expense allowance
If you are interested, do not hesitate to send us a message with a short motivation of why you would like to join our Women’s Rights Campaign as the new Activist Leader. Hope to meet you soon!
🗣️ Native language skills
About Amnesty International Network Utrecht
We are part of Amnesty International: A worldwide human rights movement with more than 7 million people involved. Amnesty International’s vision is of a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights instruments. In pursuit of this vision, Amnesty International’s mission is to undertake research and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of these rights.
AINU aspires to be thé independent, recognized Amnesty Network in Utrecht, where everyone can contribute to a just and peaceful world through learning about and contributing to combating human rights violations.
We organise events, facilitate opportunities to learn and we have fun while doing so. We invest in the power of a (local) movement, develop the leadership of our members, and build a sustainable network together with you!
Activistenleiders gezocht voor de Right to Protest campagne!Posted by Amnesty International Network Utrecht
Activisten gezocht voor de Right to Protest campagne!Posted by Amnesty International Network Utrecht
Social media Volunteers sought at charity "give for good"Social media volunteers sought.
Position available for Dutch or international volunteer(s). Posted by Give for Good