SIW International Volunteer Projects has been the best volunteer organization in the Netherlands and the surrounding area for more than 65 years. SIW sends volunteers to partner organizations in about ...
Office worker broadcasts
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/SIW-Internationale-Vrijwilligersprojecten/opportunities/Office-worker-broadcasts/41794 to join
SummaryDo you have a fascination for cultures and would you like to contribute to a better society? Do you want to help people develop during projects?
Who are we?
SIW is a versatile non-profit Dutch exchange organization. For more than 65 years, Dutch volunteers have been sent to projects in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America, and SIW has received foreign volunteers on various projects in the Netherlands. In total (before corona) this concerns approximately 250 broadcasts and receptions per year. SIW participates in three international networks (Alliance, CCIVS and SCI).
SIW wants to encourage people to broaden their horizons by bringing volunteers into contact with other cultures. In this way, SIW wants to increase intercultural understanding, contribute to the personal development of volunteers and encourage them to dedicate themselves to a better society. “For and by volunteers”: the activities of SIW are organized by approximately 70 enthusiastic volunteer employees with an office in the heart of Utrecht. Due to the corona measures, we are currently working from home, using the Microsoft Teams collaboration software. The office is expected to reopen in the next 1 to 2 months.
What are you going to do?
Together with the other employees at the office, you ensure:
· Answering questions from (potential) volunteers;
· Ensuring correct administration of projects and volunteers;
· Consulting with SIW's regional specialists about deployments;
· Participating (online and offline) in information activities (for example the bimonthly information days, at school meetings and/or on social media);
· Contribute to a well-functioning office, and indicate points for improvement where necessary.
Who are you?
· You are enthusiastic about the projects, objectives and mission of SIW;
· You have good communication skills, both orally and in writing, in Dutch and English;
· You enjoy helping (potential) volunteers to find a suitable project and you can convince them of the value of SIW;
You work accurately, master digital work PC use, social media, etc.) and have some experience with administrative systems and Microsoft Office;
· You can work well independently, but you also function well in a team;
· You are creative in solving problems;
· You are available for at least 8 hours a week and you want to commit yourself to SIW for at least 1 year;
- You preferably live in the Utrecht area;
- Young people and people with a multicultural background and/or involved in the education of young people are explicitly invited to apply in order to form a team that is as diverse as possible.
What do we offer you?
· A fun and interesting organization with many enthusiastic people with a passion for volunteering and international travel;
· The opportunity to gain relevant work experience and further develop your skills;
· Room for own initiative and plenty of opportunities to shape your ideas;
· Made (travel) costs are reimbursed, as well as a discount on an international volunteer project through SIW.
More information about SIW can be found on our website. For more information about the position, please contact the P&O department or call our telephone number. You can send your motivation with CV until July 15 to our email address attn Sarah Chaquibi, stating “Office employee broadcasts”.
🗣️ Native language skills
About SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten
This year the focus is on Europe.
'Discover your impact abroad' is our slogan. You can discover this by doing volunteer work in other countries, such as improving nature, working on a cleaner environment or a more sustainable society. We have short and longer projects, both for a short holiday or if you are taking a gap year.
HR Coordinator (unpaid)Do you want to help SIW attract the right volunteer employees who help other volunteers to experience a beautiful intercultural adventure?Posted by SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten
Administratief medewerker trainingenSIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten is op zoek naar een enthousiaste: Administratief Medewerker Erasmus+ Trainingen (per april 2022)
Posted by SIW Internationale Vrijwilligersprojecten