Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/Parenting-Across-Borders/opportunities/Community-Events-Organizer/76580 to join
SummaryParenting Across Borders is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join as a community events volunteer for our monthly community gatherings.
Are you internationally oriented with great organizational skills and have interests in dialogue processes and parenting? Then this volunteering position is for you. Parenting Across Borders is a bottom-up social initiative established by international parents in Utrecht. We provide individual support for international parents – parenting a child in the first 1000 days of life – in a safe and judgment-free dialogue.
About the position
Once a month we organize CommuniTea events for Parenting across Borders network of international parents in Utrecht. As a CommuniTea events’ organizer, you will work closely with the project coordinator and with a small team working on organizing and implementing diverse activities for international parents in Utrecht.
- Assist the project coordinator with planning and organizing monthly community events.
- Assist with communication with community members, sending invitations, and managing event announcements.
- Attend the community events and a bi-weekly team meeting.
- Collaborate with the communications team to promote events on social media and the website.
What we offer
- An opportunity to be part of an inspiring and diverse team of an emerging social initiative.
- An opportunity to become more affiliated with parenting in a migration setting.
- An opportunity to learn more about the dialogue approach.
Your skills and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably Dutch as well.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Interested in topics related to Parenting and Migration.
Are you interested?
Please send us your CV and cover letter stating why are you interested in this position.