Kunstkasteel Zuilen (KKZ) organizes and facilitates affordable instrumental music lessons for children in the Zuilen district (and adjacent neighborhoods) through the socio-educational project Music ...
Scan me or visit en.vcutrecht.nl/o/Stichting-Kunstkasteel-Zuilen/opportunities/board-member/25664 to join
SummaryKunstkasteel Zuilen is immediately looking for 3 (or more!) new board members.
Call for new board members of the Kunstkasteel Zuilen Foundation (KKZ)
KKZ organizes various activities and programs in the field of art and culture for children in Zuilen and the adjacent neighbourhoods. KKZ is the driving force behind Music in the Neighborhood and facilitates a range of accessible instrumental and vocal music lessons for children aged 7 to 15 years. In addition, through the KKZ, children can play (and recently also sing) in the band of Muziek in de Wijk or be part of one of the ensembles during play lessons. KKZ also works closely with other cultural providers in the district and is involved in shaping music education at 7 schools in Zuilen.
We are looking for new board members!
- At the end of July 2019, the municipality of Utrecht approved our subsidy application for Amateur Art Education. This means that our foundation will have sufficient financial resources for the next two and a half years to continue our activities and to make a professionalisation. But also that Stichting Kunstkasteel Zuilen, together with nine other organizations, is taking over the role of the bankrupt Utrecht Center for the Arts (UCK).
- This substantial grant award means that (new) board members can outsource a number of time-consuming tasks, such as membership administration and accounting. Tasks that (new) board members no longer have to perform themselves, which means that they have to be available for the foundation considerably less hours. The board of KKZ is no longer looking for executive board members. We can now focus on further professionalizing the Kunstkasteel and our ambitions to increase our relationship with other art education providers in the district, and to expand our in- and extracurricular music activities.
- This means that new board members are needed to support the work of the foundation. Ideally, the board should consist of 5 board members.
If you join our board, you make it possible that more than 80 children can continue to take affordable music lessons every week. Besides learning to play an instrument, they also learn to collaborate, compose and listen to each other. Every year in December and June this results in beautiful and inspiring performances, but without a board to help organize these (and other activities) this is not possible!
When dividing the various board tasks, we look at what your qualities and interests are, and how you can best use these for our board and the children in the neighborhood. You do not need any specific background or experience to join our board.
Are you seriously interested and would you like more information about a board position at Kunstkasteel Zuilen Foundation? Register quickly via the pink button below!
What we expect from you
We expect commitment and time from a board member for development or implementation tasks. As a board, we meet for approximately two hours ten times a year. The work of a board member costs an average of 4 hours per week, depending on the task. We are especially looking for someone who is willing and able to maintain contact with the schools. We are also very interested in experience with publicity and marketing. Accounting knowledge is also welcome. In practice, the tasks are preferably divided among themselves on the basis of knowledge and experience.
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About Stichting Kunstkasteel Zuilen
KKZ organizes activities in the field of art and culture in the Zuilen district and the immediate surroundings. KKZ is engaged in:
- Offering instrumental music lessons and playing lessons in ensembles to children between 7 and 15 years old (Muziek in de Wijk);
- Collaboration with seven primary schools in the district in the field of music education (Impuls Muziekonderwijs)
- Organizing musical projects with other culture providers in the neighborhood.